Abbeyfield School has “a culture of success that parents, pupils and staff all support.”
Abbeyfield School is “flourishing.”
OfSTED March 2017.
Abbeyfield School is celebrating its recent outstanding success. Abbeyfield faced an OfSTED inspection on March 15th and 16th with two inspectors on day one and five on day two. During the inspection over 40 lessons were observed, meetings held with Senior and Middle leaders, pupils, Governors and pastoral staff. In addition, the Inspection Team took account of over 100 responses to the on-line questionnaire completed by parents. The school was graded Good with Outstanding Leadership and Management.
Abbeyfield School deserves to be justly proud of the recent OfSTED report, the key findings of the report is that Abbeyfield School is Good with Outstanding features because:
- There is a real culture of success at this school and the significant improvements made over the last three years are both rapid and sustainable.
- It is a school where the students are immensely proud of their appearance and they come to school looking smart.
- They display very high standards of conduct, are friendly and polite to each other and they are proud too of their behaviour which has been described as outstanding.
- The outstanding leadership of the school has been described as having an approach where “Governors and senior leaders make a moral commitment to helping every pupil to succeed…” Leaders “have balanced uncompromising ambition with an astute understanding of how much can be achieved at any one time.”
- A Sixth Form where our students are making better progress with their A level and applied courses than their peers in other schools across the country.
- Teachers expect pupils to work hard and do well. They have high expectations of them. As a result, pupils make good progress.”
- There is a culture of “respect and tolerance” which is prevalent across the whole school community. In short, pupils experience success here “because their needs are understood”.
Headteacher, Ian Tucker is delighted by the outcome. “The quality of education delivered to the pupils we serve can only be enhanced by the quality of this report and the warm words which are used to define Abbeyfield’s ethos and outcomes. We are a flourishing school, with outstanding leadership and behaviour set by our students. We are determined to build on tremendously strong foundations and this report backs up our excellent results last summer and it reflects well on the sustained hard work of our staff and students. We have got on with building a great school here in Chippenham and we welcome every chance we can to share what we are about with those that want a school with high aspirations, outstanding learning behaviours where pupils are known as individuals and where students are proud of their identity.” Please come to one of our Open Morning events on the 13th and 14th June to see Abbeyfield for yourself.
Further information School website http://www.abbeyfield.wilts.sch.uk/?page_id=46
OfSTED website www.ofsted.gov.uk