Abbeyfield School Chippenham Wiltshire > About Us
Values and Ethos
Moving to secondary school is a big step. It marks a milestone in your life and making the right decision is important. It can be a very exciting prospect for you and your parents, as well as being a little overwhelming. We hope that by visiting this website, you will begin to get an idea of what life is like at Abbeyfield School.
We will try to put your mind at rest about those things which might be a concern to you and help you to move on to the next stage of your education with confidence and enthusiasm.
As a school, we have much to offer you:
• First class facilities
• Highly qualified, experienced and friendly staff
• High expectations in all that we do
• An emphasis on making learning enjoyable
Abbeyfield prides itself on being a big school which is small enough to know each child. This is what makes us unique. We want you to be safe, happy and successful here. Abbeyfield School exists for the benefit of its students who are most important in helping to shape its development.
We hope you will want to join us and play an active part in our happy community. Why not bring your family and visit us? You can come to our next Open Evening or, make an appointment to have a look around. You will get the chance to meet and talk to some of the teachers and students. We look forward to meeting you and sharing the qualities of integrity, drive, innovation and determination which we value so highly for our students.
Our Priorities for 2017 – 2018
• Consistency across all phases with Teaching, Learning, Assessment and Leadership.
• Supporting students, staff and parents to understand what resilience is and how they might achieve it.
• Create a no excuses culture where we succeed in the face of adversity.