Abbeyfield School Chippenham Wiltshire > Vacancies
Abbeyfield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Discloure And Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Equal Opportunities Statement
The school’s statement of commitment
Our school believes firmly in equality of opportunity in employment.
It therefore commits itself to developing policies, practices and procedures, which promote equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practices. To this end our school is committed to ensuring that job applicants or employees receive equality of treatment. No applicant or employee will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex or marital status, disability, sexual orientation, age, religious beliefs and practices or offending background, nor be disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Selection criteria and procedures will be regularly reviewed to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities. All employees will therefore be given equality of opportunity.
- Our school agrees to treat people with equality of opportunity.
- No school practice or procedure will unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of sex, gender, disability, race, age, or religion or belief.
- Our school will aim to make equality and openness the founding principles of all its actions.
- The equality and diversity policy will be made available to all school employees.
- The school will give a statement of policy objectives to new employees and will inform them of its policies, practices and procedures during induction training.
- The school will inform all staff of changes to, and developments of its employment policies, practices and procedures.
- The school will review the training needs of its teaching and support staff to ensure equality of opportunity and anti-discrimination is promoted in their work.
- The school expects its staff to follow its policies, procedures and practices and will institute disciplinary proceedings against any employee who wilfully disregards them.
- Our school will provide support to any employee who is subject to unlawful discrimination and unacceptable discrimination in the course of his or her employment.
- The school will ensure all managers and staff engaged in recruitment and selection have sufficient knowledge and understanding of statutory requirements and its policies, practices and procedures so as to avoid unlawful or unacceptable discrimination.
- Recruitment and selection procedures monitoring will become an integral part of the schools data collection procedures to ensure information is as complete and reliable as possible to assess the effectiveness of its HR policies and practices.
- The school will promote positive images of people which challenge traditional perceptions of gender, race and disability.
- The school will encourage and assist women managers and supervisors to undertake management training in order to equip them to progress to more senior posts.