The school expects that any parents accepting a place for their child at Abbeyfield will conform to the school uniform policy. The full policy and clarification of detail is available from the school and on the school website. In summary the uniform for students starting in Year 7 consists of:
* Black trousers (skirts can also be worn by girls but must be no shorter than two inches above the knee). These must be plain and not: “Miss Sixty” type, tight or flared. No jeans, jean style or combat trousers.
• White plain long or short sleeved shirt with a proper collar suitable for wearing with a tie (not a blouse).
• Black school blazer with the school logo.
• Black socks, plain black or neutral tights (not patterned) for girls.
• School tie: black with thin double gold stripe and relevant house colour.
• Black sensible strongly made shoes, with a maximum heel height of two inches. No kitten heels, stilettoes, boots or daps are allowed.
• Plain, preferably lightweight and waterproof coat. No denim, leather jackets, fleeces, hoodies and no other tops as substitutes for coats.
• Jewellery and make-up: one small stud per ear (worn in the ear lobe) and a wristwatch are permitted. No make-up, nail enhancements or nail varnish are allowed. Extreme hairstyles, nose studs and other forms of body piercing are not permitted (students will be asked to remove these). Only plain, black hairbands or clips.
• For PE lessons:
– Black football style shorts (or skorts can also be worn by girls)
– Training shoes with non-marking soles
– Black and gold school outdoor PE shirt
– Black and gold school indoor PE shirt
– School sports socks with Abbeyfield logo
– Football/hockey/rugby boots
– Mouthguard and shin pads